I was thinking today about making a quick post on the Essential Oils I use most with my patients & why:
1. I love Lavender or Cedarwood at the beginning of a treatment on the bottom of the patients feet to calm them down if they are apprehensive or nervous about the needles going in.
2. I love doing Peppermint mixed with a OrthoEase or OrthoSport muscle rub on sore muscles before or after the needles are in
3. The best combination for pain accompanied by swelling & feelings of ‘heat’ only alleviated by cold are: peppermint, Aroma Seiz Blend, Wintergreen, PanAway, Helichrysum, Cypress. Alternatively, pain that is ‘cold”-Thieves mixed with PanAway, Black Pepper, Idaho Balsam Fir
4. General pain- PanAway Blend, deep relief roll-on , basil, peppermint, and all of the above around the needle holes
5. Headaches- Basil, PanAway,MGrain Blend, Clarity Blend, Deep Relief
6. Bone pain- Valor, Wintergreen, PanAway, Copaiba along the spine
7. If a patient has swelling in his/her legs- Cypress, Lemon, Peppermint, Cedarwood after the treatment is over
8. Fertility- this is a tough one since not all women or men are the same. I like to increase circulation to the uterus & ovaries with the needles as well as Cypress, Lavender, Helichrysum if there are cysts. Clary Sage if there are hormonal issues
9. Anxiety Attacks/Panic Attacks- Vetiver, Idaho Blue Spruce, Lavender, Peace & Calming on the bottoms of the feet. Cedarwood is good too.
10. Toxicity/Suspected Candida/Fungal Overgrowth- Thieves, Lemongrass, Melrose Blend, on the bottoms of the feet!
There are countless ways to use Essential Oils in your treatments or at home. These are just some things that I like & have been effective with my patients.